A Dot Net Nuke module that allows sorting and filtering report data. Simply specify a SQL statement (or stored procedure) to return the desired recordset and the end users will be able to refine the records via sorting and filtering.
This module is useful for:
- Applying multiple sorts to a report recordset.
- Applying multiple filters to a report recordset.
- Optional paging functionality for large report recordsets.
- Hide the first column and use it value by embedding the string [KEYFIELD] in another column's data. When the table is rendered [KEYFIELD] will be replaced by the contents of the hidden first column.
- Table can render HTML formatted data or force plain text.
- Report data can be exported to Excel while retaining the sorts and filters that were applied.
To sort a column: Click on the column heading to sort the column ascending (click again for descending).
To remove a sort: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the name of the sorted column to remove.
To filter a column: Click on the report data to filter by that value.
To remove a filter: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the name of the filtered column to remove.
To use the [KEYFIELD] replacement: Select to hide the first column in the module settings. Make sure that the first column of your recordset contains the key you want to substitute in another column. In another column enter some data such as:
<a href="http://www.yahoo.com/default.aspx?id=[KEYFIELD]">Click Me</a>
So if the first column contained a value of 87982 then the [KEYFIELD] tag would be replaced and the data would look like:
<a href="http://www.yahoo.com/default.aspx?id=87982">Click Me</a>